- Protect and safeguard cultural and natural heritage
- Learning and educational opportunities
- Cultural participation/social inclusion
- Sustainable tourism
- Support research
- Employment (recruiting, training, safety)
- Energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions
- Waste management and reduction
- Transport (forms of, energy use)
- Commercial activities including copyright and IP
- Governance and management
- Security, disaster preparedness, risk reduction
- External partnerships and collaborations
Promoting Positive Opinion About Refugees: Toolkit basics
Agencies, institutions and organizations involved in public information and education
- Canadian Council for Refugees
“Welcoming refugees benefits both communities where they settle and the people who are able to escape
persecution and build new lives. Those involved in welcoming refugees know this well, but not everyone does.
There is a constant need to counter misperceptions and promote better understanding about refugees.
This toolkit is intended to help us get better at sharing stories, initiating better conversations and driving more
productive community narratives that involve those who came to Canada to seek refuge from persecution.
This toolkit aims to help us to :
Initiate more effective conversations with people in the middle (persuadables).
Drive more productive community narratives that involve those who came to Canada to seek refuge from
Share stories that can influence people in the middle (persuadables).”