- Protect and safeguard cultural and natural heritage
- Learning and educational opportunities
- Cultural participation/social inclusion
- Sustainable tourism
- Support research
- Employment (recruiting, training, safety)
- Energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions
- Waste management and reduction
- Transport (forms of, energy use)
- Commercial activities including copyright and IP
- Governance and management
- Security, disaster preparedness, risk reduction
- External partnerships and collaborations
- Sign-post to other resource (database)
- Blog post
These Museums Helped Welcome Immigrants and Refugees to their Community, and Yours Can Too!
Museums wanting to welcome new immigrants and refugees.
- American Alliance of Museums
“Welcoming America’s annual Welcoming Week enlists organizations around the country to welcome new immigrants and refugees into their new communities. This year, AAM is a national partner of Welcoming Week and is calling on museums to get involved on September 10 to 19. Use your spaces and resources to unite your community and show that not only are we stronger together, but the future depends on our unity!
For inspiration, look no further than the museums below, which are all past or future Welcoming Week participants. From hosting multicultural entertainments to leading a Twitter chat on inclusivity, they’ve found creative ways to do what museums do best in service of this important cause.
Ready to get involved? See this link for a toolkit on hosting an event, and print one of our special signs below to display at your museum.”