- Protect and safeguard cultural and natural heritage
- Learning and educational opportunities
- Cultural participation/social inclusion
- Sustainable tourism
- Support research
- Employment (recruiting, training, safety)
- Energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions
- Waste management and reduction
- Transport (forms of, energy use)
- Commercial activities including copyright and IP
- Governance and management
- Security, disaster preparedness, risk reduction
- External partnerships and collaborations
- Case studies
Future of Tourism
Organisations involved in tourism and the tourist industry, notably destinations and operators.
- Future of Tourism Coalition
“As world tourism begins recovering from the coronavirus crisis, the Future of Tourism Coalition shares a global mission: to place destination needs at the center of tourism’s new future.
We invite you to be a part of this movement.
Decades of unfettered growth in travel have put the world’s treasured places at risk – environmentally, culturally, socially, and financially. Now the tourism industry faces a precarious and uncertain future. Re-centering around a strong set of Guiding Principles is vital for long term deep-rooted growth.”